The Thermo Scientific Spectra Multicolor Low Range Protein Ladder is a mixture of six recombinant proteins and synthetic peptides (1.7 to 40 kDa) for use as size standards for peptides and small proteins in gel electrophoresis and Western blotting.
This prestained protein MW marker is designed for monitoring the progress of SDS-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis, for assessing transfer efficiency onto PVDF, nylon, and nitrocellulose membranes, and for estimating the approximate size of separated proteins that have been made visible with gel stains or Western blot detection reagents.
Three different chromophores (blue, orange, green) are bound to the different component proteins, producing a brightly-colored ladder with an easy-to-remember pattern. The Spectra Multicolor High Range Protein Ladder is ready to use: no heating, further dilution, or addition of a reducing agent is required.
- Monitoring of protein migration during SDS-PAGE (1)
- Verifying Western transfer efficiency (2-4)
- Approximate sizing of proteins on SDS-polyacrylamide gels and Western blots
- Locating a protein of interest for excision from an unstained preparative gel
- Size range – six proteins and peptides spanning 1.7 to 40 kDa
- Multicolor – three different colors for unambiguous band-size assignment
- Ready-to-use – supplied in a loading buffer for direct loading on gels, no need to boil
- Sharp bands – color-coded bands of similar intensity for easy visualization
- Quality tested – each lot evaluated by SDS-PAGE and Western blotting
- Membrane-compatible – colored bands transfer to membranes for Western blotting
For migration patterns under different gel conditions, see Specifications.
|Quality Control||Tested in SDS-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis and Western Blotting.|
|Shelf Life||49 Months|
|Storage||Stable at 4°C for up to 3 months. For long-term storage, store at -20°C.|
|Storage Buffer||62.5 mM Tris-H3PO4 (pH 7.5 at 25°C), 1 mM EDTA, 2% (w/v) SDS, 10 mM DTT, 1.5 mM NaN3 and 33% (v/v) glycerol.|
Migration patterns of Spectra Multicolor Low Range Protein Ladder in different electrophoretic conditions
The apparent molecular weight of each protein (kDa) has been determined by calibration of each protein against an unstained protein ladder in specific electrophoresis conditions. Migration patterns were determined using commercial precast mini gels. SP refers to small peptide SDS-polyacrylamide gels with a higher degree of crosslinking (c=5% instead of usual ~3%).
Produkt zatím nikdo nehodnotil, buďte první!Napište hodnocení