Thermo Scientific IPTG (isopropyl-beta-D-thiogalactopyranoside) is a highly stable synthetic analog of lactose. It inactivates the lac repressor and induces synthesis of beta-galactosidase, an enzyme that promotes lactose utilization. IPTG is used to induce expression of cloned genes under control of the lac operon (see Reference 1). It is used in conjunction with X-Gal (#R0941) to determine the lac phenotype in blue/white colony screening.
- Blue/white colony screening to distinguish recombinant (white) from non-recombinant (blue) colonies (see Reference 1)
- Induction of gene expression under control of the lac promoter
- Preparation of a 100 mM (23.83 mg/mL) stock solution in water is recommended
- For blue/white colony screening use 0.1 mM final IPTG concentration in LB (Luria Broth) media
- Store IPTG Solution at -20°C. IPTG, dioxane-free, can be stored at +4°C
|Storage Condition||4 C,-20 C|
Produkt zatím nikdo nehodnotil, buďte první!Napište hodnocení