The Thermo Scientific 5-Fluoroorotic Acid is a yeast with an active URA3 gene (Ura+) converts 5-FOA to fluorodeoxyuridine, which is toxic to cells (see the scheme below). Yeast strains carrying a mutation in the URA3 gene grow in the presence of 5-FOA if the media is supplemented with uracil. 5-FOA is frequently used in experiments with Saccharomyces cerevisiae (URA3), Schizosaccharomyces pombe (URA4 and URA5), Candida albicans (URA3), and E. coli (pyrF).
- Detection of URA3 gene expression in yeast
- Construction of yeast 2-hybrid libraries (see Reference 1)
- Other areas of yeast genetics including gene replacement, analysis of transposable genetic elements, and identification of gene mutations (see Reference 2)
Convertion of 5-FOA to fluorodeoxyuridine
- Low solubility in water
- Solubility in dimethylsulfoxide is greater than 150 mg/mL
- Preparation of a 100 mg/mL solution in dime-thylsulfoxide is recommended
|Formula||C5H3FN2O4 x H2O|
|Quality Control||Purity of 98%.|
|Storage||Store at -20°C in the dark.|
|Storage Condition||-20 C|
Produkt zatím nikdo nehodnotil, buďte první!